Monday, March 9, 2015

Lovers of the Road




A road trip to Nashville with a young Irish immigrant has Garth Clayton questioning everything he's ever believed about himself. Will Garth embrace his true self or lose the only man he's loved?


Garth Clayton is a guy who doesn't have any complaints about his life. He's a successful musician and songwriter. He lives very well in a New York bachelor pad with a steady girlfriend, which isn't too shabby for an introverted kid from the Bible belt. When he offers a ride to an Irish immigrant, he never expects his life to turn upside down.
Connor Adams is the opposite of Garth. He's wild, foolish, and not about to apologize for who he is. He likes to live on the edge. When he is nearly arrested for a fight in a gay bar, Garth is shocked to learn of Connor's sexual preference. Unable to hide the truth any longer, Garth confesses the deep secret he's kept buried—he's attracted to men.

Garth and Connor start a secret love affair, but when Connor asks Garth to be truthful about their relationship with his parents, he can’t bring himself to do it. Unwilling to be his "dirty little secret" any longer, Connor ends things. Will Garth stop hiding his true self, or will he lose the man he loves?

Buy link:

http://www.breathlesspress.com/index.php?main_page=product_free_shipping_info&cPath=1&products_id=742&zenid=0e30a63109c6dcc33bbbdef0c471a3e5

Interview:


1.       How did you start writing erotic romance?
I don’t know if I’d’ call my stuff erotic... I like to write about sex, it’s fun, and I have no problem with sex that’s “just for fun”, as well as sex as part of a loving relationship.  I think that I started to read novels as a kid that were about passion and sex, such as the Marianne Novels and I loved them and I got into the idea of writing something similar.

2. Plotter or pantster?  I’m not sure!!

3. What are three things you have on your writing desk?  Food, pens and my Computer

4. Favorite food?  I don’t have a favorite.  I like steak, and strawberries and chocolate cake.  Esp. Black Forest Gateau.

5. Tell us a little about your new release. What character in the book really spoke to you?
My new story is about 2 men who get to know each other on a road trip.  I think that it’s because I like to travel, haven’t done nearly enough of it -and on the road you can get into very friendly relationships.  There’s something about making love in hotel rooms that always appealed to me.   Perhaps it is because it is away from everyday life and special.
Garth spoke to me most, because he’s a lonely young man, who is sad about his lack of real closeness to anyone... and that is because he has never admitted his true sexual nature to anyone.  It’s sad, and I’m glad that he comes out of that lonely place he’s been in, with Connor.
6. I write because ____...I like to write about people who are sometimes more interesting than a lot of those you meet every day, and because I can get into their heads. I like to create something that I hope will give pleasure to others and make them think.
7. What is your favorite type of character to write about?
I like to write about a man like Garth who is passionate but repressed and who learns to love someone and to show it physically.

8. What is the sexiest scene you ever wrote?
I like this bit…..
"Connor, when we get back home, I'm going to take you to bed and make love to you, until you can't take it anymore."  Connor laughed genuinely, his eyes glowing. "Believe me, ain't nothing you can do to me, that I can't take!"

9. What advice would you give new authors in the erotica/romance field?
Keep on writing; don’t give up even if you get loads of rejections.  It happens and if you really love to write, you mustn’t let it stop you. And write what you want to write.


10. What is next on your writerly horizon?  I hope another story or novel.


Excerpt:
Cursing, Garth pulled on his jeans and a sweater, and hurried down to the lobby. The officer waiting for him was a young chubby faced man, not much older than Connor.
"Mr Clayton, this young man has been thrown out of a bar for using obscene language and—crazy behaviour. I found him out on the street cursing and yelling. Making a noise an' being a pain. I don't want to go through all the paperwork of booking him."  
Garth's eyes nearly popped out of his head. He couldn't believe that even Connor could get into this sort of trouble so quickly. His heart beat faster as he looked at the young police officer.
"If you can promise that you and he will be out of the town by 8 a.m. then I'll forget what happened. It wasn't much and we're a small police department here."
The cop lowered his voice and leaned closer to Garth. "Look, Mr Clayton, it was a gay bar. My boss doesn't like faggots, but there are a couple of bars where they go and mostly they don't do any harm to anyone. Hardly ever any trouble there. I don't want any bother so, you just get him out of town."
"Where is he?" Garth grumbled.
He could only thank his lucky stars that this nice young guy had been the one to find Connor. Some other policemen might have investigated further.
"He's out in my car, sir. He told me that he was traveling with you and that you write songs that are on the T.V. I'd heard your name, and my wife likes you, so I thought I'd let this one go. But you have to promise you'll get out of town."
"Officer, I'd go right now if it weren't so damn late. That boy is—" he trailed off. It might not be a good idea to criticize Connor. 

Biography:
I come from Ireland, but I have lived in many different places. I’ve spent many years in Ireland, and shorter times living in Europe. For a long time now, I have lived in London, with my partner, but I don’t see it as my permanent home. However, I enjoy the artistic side of London life. I love to walk around and see buildings that have been here for centuries and to look around historical monuments, particularly the Royal Palaces. I enjoy the theater though it does not seem to me as good as it used to be! I used to go very often, now it’s more like an occasional treat. But I really love music, particularly country, folk, “light” opera, some Rock, and the music of the great musicals; I take advantage of being in London to attend concerts.
My hobbies are sedate ones. I like to knit and used to make a lot of woollies when I lived in cold climates. I also try my hand at things like flower arranging, jewellery making and painting. I used to swim and ride horses, and to play a little tennis, but I don’t get time for that nowadays. I love music and enjoy very much listening to music and going to concerts and musicals, and I take singing lessons. Naturally I love to read and always have a couple of books or my Kindle with me. I enjoy walking and an occasional game of golf and I love board games. I also enjoy travelling, whether by train, boat or air. I particularly love America, and hope to visit there again very soon.
My initial degree was in history. I loved English but I wanted to do something more “relevant” and I dabbled in politics. When I left college, I worked in many different fields, changing jobs quite often. Some of my jobs were to do with books; I was a library officer and worked in the office of a bookshop. I’ve also worked in the legal field, in education, in social work support, and in businesses. At present, I work in a public service and health field. I’ve worked in social work, helping with volunteer organizations. I used to work with a hostel for homeless people and with visiting the elderly and people in need.
My great hobby is reading, which naturally led me to want to write. I started writing when I was a kid, with absolutely no success. I wrote very serious short stories, usually with a feminist slant! I tried serious historical fiction. Then I gave it up for some years as I needed to earn a living and didn’t have the time. I enjoy my work, but I love to write. It is a very important creative outlet for me, as my job, while it’s useful in promoting public health and very worthwhile, helping the public, doesn’t have any creative side.
I have also done light journalistic work, on women’s issues, but about 10 years ago I began to explore creative writing, and to try to write fiction again. I took a few classes, and then I started to write light historical fiction, and joined writers’ groups. Now I’ve chosen to write modern fiction and my new story The Lovers of the Road is the result. I am looking forward to its being published and to finding, I hope, some new fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!